1. If you have back pain and symptoms do not clear up within a few days - see your osteopath sooner rather than later.
2. Avoid hours in one position - move about and do some gentle stretching exercises.
3. Exercise regularly - we can advise you on what type of exercise is appropriate for you.
4. During repetitive tasks, vary your rhythm and take frequent breaks.
5. Pace yourself with heavy work like gardening - don't 'risk a disc'.
6. Adjust car seats and, on long journeys, take regular breaks to stretch.
7. During pregnancy, see an osteopath to help your body adjust to changes.
8. Avoid strain when lifting, get help!
9. Watch children's posture - they shouldn't carry bags on one shoulder.
10. If it hurts, don't do it!